12.08.2007

Nix Pix NFL Week Fourteen


Week Fourteen
Last Week: 1-2-0 (I‘m an idiot)
Season 17-16-3

Someone named Ishmael posted on the picks last week claiming he’s lost a grip on Nix Pix and that did so based on The System being “fail safe”. What can I say? Starbucks is $22 a share I hear, try that. I have four weeks to redeem my reputation as the greatest football prognosticator Main Elementary has ever produced in its long, storied history.


San Diego @ Tennessee EVEN
So far Vince Young hasn’t exactly had the greatest season yet he hasn’t been arrested (his pops did get out jail recently), shot, severely injured, or had his 16 year old daughter run away with a biker gang at a Borough Assembly meeting. My question; has he beaten the Madden Curse? Is it possible he paid Dennis Dixon phat stacks of green backs to take The Curse now since the Oregon QB will no doubt be a video game cover boy in 2011? By the way, the Ducks new uniforms can be seen on the front of HALO 3. I’m just baiting CK-1 now, this has little to do with LDT racking up 125 yards, two scores and a victory Sunday.

Nick’s Pick: CHARGERS


Pittsburgh @ New England -10.5
I guess if I take the Steelers in the Mirror and take them on the air today I’m pretty well committed to them when I get points on top of that. Of course I’d much rather see Miami break the streak than Pittsburgh. But then again I don’t want Shift-8 Shula (those are typing instructions, not a new offensive scheme) getting the satisfaction. I don’t really want to see the Jets and their Ugly Duckling do it or Kelly will talk about it until April and we all know Eli just flat out can’t do it. In fact I predict MiniManning will step in front of a transit bus in Week 16. Nick’s Pick: Transit Bus. So I must back the Steelers Sunday as the last hope for all that is good in the universe. Isn’t that ironic. Suck on that one for a while, Alanis.

Nick’s Pick: STEELERS


MNF: New Orleans -3 @ Atlanta
There is something wrong with my alarm clock. The snooze alarm button is flashing. Anywho, Reggie “Where Did All My Commercials Go” Bush is out with a knee injury. Maybe Young actually gave it to him for that Pepsi machine that does training camp but fails to make the roster. I’m not sure what you would do with a Pepsi machine like that but I know what one former Falcon would do. HAVE IT FIGHT OTHER VENDING MACHINES! Can I say former Falcon? Maybe he hasn’t been cut.

Nick’s Pick: SAINTS