12.22.2007

Nix Pix NFL Week Sixteen

Week Sixteen
Last Week: 0-3-0 (perfect in reverse order!)
Season 19-20-3

I didn’t win a stinking game last week. Blame Jessica Simpson. It looks like tonight she struck down T.O. for his comments about her recently. Who will she destroy next? Maybe she’s carrying Marion Barber IV. Maybe she’ll release the photos of Wade Phillips in Daisy Dukes she has under her pillow. Maybe she will set Dennis Rodman up with Carrie Underwood. Anything could happen and that is why Willie Parker and I are not returning her phone calls anymore.

It is Christmas time on The Rock so I should give you some last minute gift tips. Just do not mistake the actual picks as gifts. In the overcommercialized tradition of the holiday I blatantly promote those who have supported Jock of the Rock in 2007 and make no apologies for it.

Cleveland -2.5 @ Cincinnati
I’m sure you remember me taking the Bengals in Week One in this match-up that I chalked up as one of my twenty losses this year. I swear these franchises traded their entire rosters to each other and that Derek Anderson is really Carson Palmer although I’m not sure why it is so hard for me to accept Cincinnati as being so bad. I didn’t have this problem for most of my life.

Anyway, my first gift pick is a hooded sweatshirt from Tony’s, home to JOTR Monday Night Football. If not, go with a tee but whatever you do, don’t be a poser/tourist/loser and get a Salty Dog hoodie from Homer. Get the real deal on the mall in Kodiak. I like the royal blue but black works too. Too bad they don’t have any in shades of…..

Nick’s Pick: BROWNS


Philadelphia @ New Orleans -3
The Saints ride their playoff hopes in this one minus both their star running backs but it hasn’t stopped them while McNabb plays his second-to-last game as an Eagle before going to Chicago to suck there.

Nothing says brotherly love more than a growler of Liquid Sunshine and where else can you get it fresh out the tank but from the Kodiak Island Brewery. Turn this Christmas into Fat Tuesday!

Nick’s Pick: SAINTS


MNF: Denver @ San Diego -8.5
The final Monday Night Football game of the season featuring LDT and Jay Cutler squaring off under the lights on the unfrozen turf of Qualcomm Stadium. I’m sure Denver isn’t too happy about losing the division and this should be closer than the Rockies-Padres one game playoff.

This is the last chance to get your name in the bowl to win the beautiful steel blue recliner from The Treasury Home to be drawn for Super Bowl Sunday in February. The Treasury Home also sells the official CK-1 beanbag chair, commonly known by the Nuts of the Round Table as The Wolfnest. It is almost as big as my head and doubles as a small bed. Lazier than a La-Z-Boy, get one today and Upgrade Upgrade from couch potato to Extreme Living Room Relaxer.

Nick’s Pick: BRONCOS