12.29.2007

Nix Pix NFL Week Seventeen

Week Seventeen
Last Week: 0-3-0 (perfect!)
Season 19-23-3

2004 Final Record 16-17-0
2005 Final Record 24-23-1
2006 Final Record 28-20-1

I have failed you. For the first time ever the Sandin System did not produce and I feel a bit like Don Shula after watching the New England game tonight. Bloody hell. I thought about skipping the last week but I am a lover, not a quitter, so I humbly will give my final three predictions of the season. Oddly, picking games straight up has gone well but I take no pride in that. Real men bet with a point spread. My record picking Hannah Montana-style in recent years as follows:

2004 Wins 163
2005 Wins 171
2006 Wins 164
2007 Wins 163 (as of one second after Pats-Giants game)

There are 256 games in a regular season.

I have also done a poor job of updating this site and need to dig deeper in 2008 to keep it fresh. With football ending soon that may prove to be quite a challenge.

St. Louis @ Arizona -6
Why rent Dumb and Dumber when you can watch this game. I think Tory Holt had a worse year playing than I did picking. It is bad enough he’s named after a girl from 90210. At least he didn’t promise his team would win 10 games. And Arizona was who I thought they were.

Nick’s Pick: CARDINALS


Buffalo +8 @ Philadelphia
I will repeat this prediction that this will be McNabb’s last game in Philly although I think they should keep him. I said he’s going to Chicago but he might not look bad playing for the team they line up against this week. If he injured his chest would the play-by-play guy say he was out with a McRib? No, he wouldn’t.

Nick’s Pick: BILLS


Minnesota -3 @ Denver
I’m still waiting for Phillip Rivers to see my 19-23-3 record and call me names on national television.

Nick’s Pick: VIKINGS